1. Southern Railway will be taking up rail renewal work in Kottayam section especially between Chingavanam and Kottayam stations from 10th to 29th April 2017. Following changes are made in the regular schedule of trains for carrying out the safety-related maintenance work:
- Train No. 66308, Kollam – Ernakulam MEMU will have a late start by 80 minutes at 12.40 hrs.
- Train No. 56387, Ernakulam – Kayamkulam passenger leaving Ernakulam at 11.30 hrs will be detained at Kottayam for One Hour.
- Train No. 22647, Korba – Thiruvananthapuram Express will be detained at Kottayam for 15 minutes.
2. In connection with subway work at Vijayamangalam station near Erode in Tamil Nadu following changes will be made in the regular train schedules of Trivandrum Division.
- Train No. 13352, Alappuzha – Dhanbad Express likely to get detained after Coimbatore for One hour on 11th and 16th April 2017 (Tuesday & Sunday)
- Train No. 12678, Ernakulam – Bengaluru City Intercity express scheduled to leave at 09.10 hrs will have a late start at 11.40 hrs on 16th April 2017 (Sunday)
- Train No. 22620, Tirunelveli – Bilaspur Express scheduled to leave Tirunelveli at 01.15 hrs will have a late start at 04.00 hrs on 16th April 2017 (Sunday).
- Train No. 12512, Trivandrum – Gorakhpur express scheduled to leave at 06.10 hrs will have a late start at 07.10 hrs on 16th April 2017 (Sunday).
- Train No. 16331, Mumbai CST – Trivandrum express reaching Coimbatore on 18th April 2017 is likely to get detained by 90 minutes at wayside stations after Salem.
- Train No. 56319, Nagercoil – Coimbatore Passenger is likely to get detained by 30 minutes at Erode on 18th April 2017.