Trivandrum: To facilitate smooth and safe passage of devotees reaching Thiruvananthapuram City for the Pongola festival at Attukal Devi Temple, Southern Railway has made elaborate arrangements. Six Special trains, additional coaches in passenger trains, additional stoppages for express trains at smaller stations, additional ticket, information and announcement counters, Medical aid centre, enhanced security coverage at stations and special escort for trains etc has been ensured.
After the Pongala rituals trains, towards Kollam Junction will be starting from Platform 4 and 5 and Trains towards Nagercoil will start from Platform No. 2 & 3 of Thiruvananthapuram central station. All long distance trains will be dealt on Plat Form No. 1
Special train on 10th March 2017 (Friday)
Kollam – Thiruvannthapuram Special train will leave Kollam at 15.00 hours to reach Thiourvannthapuram at 16.55 hours in the evening.
Special trains on 11th March 2017 (Saturday, Day of Pongala)
Special train to Thiruvananthapuram will leave Kollam station at 04.00 hrs to reach Thiruvannthapuram central at 05.55 hours in the morning.
First special train from Thiruvananthapuram after Pongala rituals will leave Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway station at 13.45 hrs to reach Kollam junction at 15.45 hrs. Second special train for Kollam will leave Thiruvananthapuram central station at 15.45 hrs to reach Kollam junction at 18.00 hrs. Third Special train for Kollam will start from Thiruvananthapuram central at 16.15 hrs to reach Kollam junction at 18.20 hrs. Fourth Special train for Kollam will leave Thiruvananthapuram Central at 16.55 hrs to reach Kollam Jn at 18.55 hrs. All special trains will have stoppage at all stations in between Thiruvananthapuram and Kollam.
One special train will start from Thiruvananthapuram Central at 14.00 hrs to reach Nagercoil at 16.10 hrs with stoppages at all stations.
Train No. 56317, Kochuveli- Nagercoil Passenger will be rescheduled to leave at 14.15 hrs from Thiruvananthapuram Central.
Additional stoppage for trains on 10th March 2017 (Friday)
1. Tr. No 16649, Mangalore – Nagercoil Parasuram express additional stoppage at Mayyanad, Kadakkavur and Chirayankeezh.
2. Tr. No 16345, LokmanyaThilak – Thiruvananthapuram Netravathi express: Additional stoppage at Paravur, Kadakkavur and Chirayankeezh .
3. Tr. No 17230, Hyderabad – Thiruvananthapuram express: Additional stoppage at Paravur, Kadakkavur, Chirayankeezh and Murukumpuzha.
4. Tr. No 16605, Mangalore – Nagercoil Eranad express: Additional stoppage at Paravur, Kadakkavur and Chirayankeezh.
5. Tr. No16301, Shoranur – Thiruvananthapuram Venad Express: Additional stop at Murukkumpuzha
6. Tr. No 16127, Egmore – Guruvayoor express: Additional stoppage at Parassala.
7. TR. No.16723, Chennai Egmore – Thiruvananthapuram Ananthapuri express: Additional stop at Parassala.
Additional stoppage for trains on 11th March 2017 (Saturday)
1. Tr. No 16344, Palakkad Town – Thiruvananthapuram Amruta express: Additional stoppage at Paravur, Kadakkavur, Chirayankeezhu Murukkumpuzha and Thiruvananthapuram Pettah
2. Tr. No. 16603, Mangalore – Thiruvananthapuram Maveli express: Additional stoppages at Kadakkavur, Chirayankeezhu and Thiruvanthapuram Pettah .
3. Tr. No. 12695 Chennai – Thiruvananthapuram central superfast Express: Additional stoppages at Paravur, Kadakkavur, Chirayankeezhu and Murukumpuzha and Petah.
4. Tr. No. 16303 Ernakulam – Thiruvananthapuram Vanchinad exp Additional stoppage at Thiruvananthapuram Pettah.
5. Tr. No 56700, Madurai – Punalur Passenger: Additional stoppage at Dhanuvachapuram, Amaravila, Balaramapuram and Nemom.
6. Tr.16382, Kanyakumari – Mumbai CST express: additional stoppage at Balaramapuram and Nemom.
7. Tr. No. 12624, Thiruvananthapuram – Chennai Mail: Additional stoppages at Chirayankeezhu, Kadakkavoor and Paravur
8. Tr. No. 12696, Thiruvananthapuram central – Chennai superfast Express: Additional stoppages at Chirayankeezh. Kadakkavur, Paravur & Mayyanad.
9. Tr. No.16342 Thiruvananthapuram central – Guruvayoor Inter City express: Additional stoppage at Chirayankeezh and Kadakkavur
10. Tr. No. 56716. Kanyakumari- Punalur Passenger: Additional stoppage at all stations between Thiruvananthapuram and Kollam.
11. Train No.16724, Thiruvananthapuram central – Chennai Egmore, Ananthapuri express will stop at all stations between Thiruvananthapuram and Nagercoil
12. Train No, 16649, Mangalore Central- Nagercoil Parasuram express will stop at all stations between Thiruvananthapuram and Nagercoil.
Augmentation of coaches
Twelve passenger trains running in Nagercoil – Thiruvananthapuram and Thiruvananthapuram-Kollam section will run with additional coaches (18 coaches each for 3 days) from 09th to 11th March 2017.