Trivandrum: As a result of the continued flash floods, landslides and water overflowing the tracks at various places over Palghat and Trivandrum divisions, and keeping the safety of the public in view, train services are suspended in the following sections:-
1. All train traffic between Trivandrum – Ernakulam and Trivandrum via Kottayam with immediate effect till 16 hrs of 17/8/18.
2. All train traffic between Ernakulam – Shoranur and Palghat with immediate effect till 16 hrs of 17/8/18.
3. All train traffic between Palghat – Shoranur and Shoranur – Kozhikkode with immediate effect till 16 hrs of 17/8/18.
It is reported that water levels are overflowing on track and passed the danger level of bridges at different places. Railway Officials are closely monitoring every sensitive section.
However, the train service between Trivandrum- Ernakulam via Alleppey and Trivandrum –Tirunelveli via Nagercoil will be operated under suitable speed restrictions as required.
Re-scheduling / Diversion of Trains :
Train No 15905 Kanniyakumari – Dibrugarh Vivek Express scheduled to leave Kanniyakumari at 23.00 hrs is re-scheduled to leave Kanniyakumari at 12.00 hrs on 17.08.2018, and diverted via Nagercoil Town, Tirunelveli, Madurai, Dindigul and Erode.
Partial Cancellation of Trains:
1. Train No 12522 Ernakulam – Barauni Rapthisagar Express scheduled to leave Ernakulam on 17.08.2018 will be partially cancelled between Ernakulam and Erode, and will originate from Erode.
2. Train No 16343 Trivandrum – Madurai Amrita Express of 15.08.2018 is partially cancelled between Shoranur – Madurai.
3. Train No 12695 Chennai Central – Trivandrum Central Superfast Express will run up to Palaghat and return run as Train No 12696 from Palaghat on 18.08.2018 to the existing timings.
4. Train No 12602 Mangalore Central – Chennai Central Superfast mail partially cancelled between Kozhikkode – Chennai Central and same rake will be run as Passenger Special to Mangalore to the convenient time.
5. Train no 12685 journey started on 16.08.2018 Chennai-Mangalore will run up to Palakkad Jn. and will return on 17.08.2018 the existing timings from Palakkad JN.
6. Train no 22637 Chennai central –Mangalore West coast Superfast Express started on 16.08.2018 is partially cancelled between Tirupur and Mangalore.