New Delhi: Taking note of the need to further improve the variety, hygiene and quality of food for its passengers, Indian Railways has rationalized the menus and revised the tariff for catering services provided by IRCTC.
Salient features for Mail/Express trains include:
· The rate of Janta Meal has been kept unchanged at Rs.20/-
· To prevent overcharging in the name of a-la-carte meals, it has now been decided that no a-la-carte meals shall be permitted for sale on Mail/Express trains. However, a la carte snacks items like samosa, pakoda, etc. will be permitted for sale.
· Now more regional food variety will also be available for the passengers. ‘Snack Meal’ with regional items/cuisine/flavour’ is being introduced at the rate of Rs. 50/- as a meal variety. This would be of 350 grams portion and the menu will be decided by IRCTC.
· It has been decided to offer Biryani as a standard meal variety in view of its popularity. IRCTC shall make available three types of Biryani (Veg., Egg and Chicken) at the rate of Rs. 80/-, 90/- & 110/-
· It has also been decided to introduce Chicken Curry as an option in standard non-veg. meal in addition to the existing standard non-veg meal with egg curry and standard veg. meal. As such, there shall be three categories of standard meals viz., Standard Vegetarian Meal, Standard Non-Vegetarian Meal (with 2 Eggs curry) and Standard Non-Vegetarian Meal (with Chicken Curry) against the existing two.
· Revised tariff inclusive of GST: Breakfast Veg Rs.40/-, Breakfast Non-veg Rs.50/-, Standard Vegetarian Meal Rs.80/, Standard Non-Vegetarian Meal (with 2 Eggs curry) Rs.90/-, and Standard Non-Vegetarian Meal (with Chicken Curry) Rs.130/-
The revised catering tariff shall be effective from 29/03/2020 on Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains and with immediate effect on other Mail/Express trains. The detailed menu and tariff are available on IR’s website.
It may be recalled that the tariff of Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains has been revised after 6 years since the last revision in 2013 while the tariff of standard meals for Mail/Express trains after 7 years since the last revision in 2012.
Kerala Rail News