Trivandrum: The 67th meeting of the Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee (DRUCC) was held at the Divisional Railway Manager’s Office in Thiruvananthapuram on April 26, 2017. Prakash Butani, Divisional Railway Manager, Trivandrum presided over the meeting.
K S Jain, Additional Divisional Railway Manager; V C Sudeesh, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager & Secretary, DRUCC; Members of the DRUCC and all Branch Officers of Trivandrum Division were among those present.
The Members appreciated Railways efforts made for the provision of the ramp for Divyang passengers, dedicated all women facilitation centre, ‘We care passenger assistance booth’ on Platforms, the nomination of train captains in Chennai-bound trains, etc.
The following items were discussed at the meeting:
1. Late running of trains due to delay on account of safety related and doubling works.
2. The complaints of delay of Train No.16302 Trivandrum – Shoranur Venad express was addressed. An early start at 4.40 hours from Trivandrum till doubling work of Kayankulam – Ernakulam section is completed was proposed.
3. Proposal to convert 56700/56701 Punalur – Madurai – Punalur Passenger train as Express train by removal on uneconomic stoppages with less than 30 to 40 passengers per day and extension of the train up to Thiruchirappally with additional coaches including AC coaches was discussed which approved by DRUCC Members.
4. Railways informed that onboard housekeeping services were started in 13 trains recently and more trains are being covered in this scheme.
5. Railways are associating with ‘ Kudumbasree’ to start new AC paid waiting halls at Trivandrum Central, Kollam & Kottayam.
6. Railways are to begin major catering units at Nagercoil, Alappuzha, Kayankulam, Tiruvalla, Aluva within two months and at Kazhakoottam, Varkala, Iringalakkuda, Angamali, Kadakkavur & Chalakkudi within six months.
7. The issue of beggars and unauthorised vendors was raised by the DRUCC, railways have decided to intensify drive with RPF in the trains.
Kerala Rail News